- Bishop CBC: Saturday, December 16, 2017 – Contact Chris Howard, Phone: 760-873-7422 See details of the 2015 CBC here
- Mono Basin CBC: TBA 2017 – Contact Kristie Nelson, Phone:
- Mammoth Lakes CBC: TBA 2017 – Contact: Bill Taylor, Phone: 760-709-6964
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge CBC, Nye County, NV & Inyo County, CA: TBA 2017 – Contact Annjanette Bagozzi or Will Thomas, 775-372-5435
- Death Valley CBC: TBA 2017 – Contact Linda Manning, Phone: 760-786-3252.
For more information and to find other CBC areas, see the National Audubon Society Bird Count pages or try Nature Ali’s excellent summary page of California Christmas Bird Counts.
36th Annual Bishop Christmas Bird Count
Eastern Sierra Audubon sponsors the Bishop Christmas Bird Count. The 36th annual Bishop Christmas Bird Count (CBC) is Saturday, December 16th, 2017. All skill levels are invited to participate. The CBC is an important citizen-science effort to census all birds in the Bishop area. Results show long term population trends and shifting demographics. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
Please RSVP as soon as possible to Chris Howard at email@example.com, (760) 873-7422 (home), or (760) 920-2845 (cell), to join a team and let him know if you prefer a specific area or team-mate. He’d like to assign areas well in advance to give you a chance to scout. If you’d prefer to be a feeder-watcher, as opposed to covering an area, please let him know.
For highlights of the 2016 CBC and previous, see the articles below!