- Bishop CBC: Saturday, December 15, 2018 – Contact Chris Howard, Phone: 760-873-7422
- Mono Basin CBC: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 – Contact Nora Livingston, Phone:
- Mammoth Lakes CBC: Sunday, December 16, 2018 – Contact: Santiago M. Escruceria, Phone: 707-328-6371
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge CBC, Nye County, NV & Inyo County, CA: Friday, December 14, 2018 – Contact Ryan Wallis, 775-372-5435 ext. 119
- Death Valley CBC: Friday, December 21, 2018 – Contact Carol Fields, Phone: 760-786-3252.
For more information and to find other CBC areas, see the National Audubon Society Bird Count pages or try Nature Ali’s excellent summary page of California Christmas Bird Counts.
37th Annual Bishop Christmas Bird Count
Eastern Sierra Audubon sponsors the Bishop Christmas Bird Count. The 37th annual Bishop Christmas Bird Count (CBC) is Saturday, December 15th, 2018. All skill levels are invited to participate. The CBC is an important citizen-science effort to census all birds in the Bishop area. Results show long term population trends and shifting demographics. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
Please RSVP as soon as possible to Chris Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org, (760) 873-7422 (home), or (760) 920-2845 (cell), to join a team and let him know if you prefer a specific area or team-mate. He’d like to assign areas well in advance to give you a chance to scout. If you’d prefer to be a feeder-watcher, as opposed to covering an area, please let him know.