2013 Christmas Bird Counts in our region:
- Bishop CBC: Saturday, December 14, 2013 - Contact Chris Howard, Phone: 760-873-7422
- NEW: Mammoth Lakes CBC: December 15, 2013 - Contact: Bill Taylor, Phone: 760-709-6964
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge CBC: December 15, 2013 - Contact Abram DaSilva, Phone: 775-372-5435
- Mono Basin CBC: December 17, 2013 - Contact
Kristie Nelson, Phone:
- Death Valley CBC: January 4, 2014 - Contact Linda Manning, Phone: 760-786-3252
For more information and to find other CBC areas, see the National Audubon Society Bird Count pages or try Nature Ali's excellent summary page of California Christmas Bird Counts.
Eastern Sierra Audubon sponsors the Bishop Christmas Bird Count. The 32nd annual Bishop Christmas Bird Count (CBC) is Saturday, December 14th, 2013. All skill levels are invited to participate. The CBC is an important citizen-science effort to census all birds in the Bishop area. Results show long term population trends and shifting demographics. Plus, it's a lot of fun! Even last year, when it rained off and on all day, was a blast. We saw a surprising number of species who were out in the rain with us, and enjoyed a great potluck afterwards. Consider joining us for this year's CBC, or helping by pledging in the annual Bird-A-Thon.
Please RSVP as soon as possible to Chris Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org, (760) 873-7422 (home), or (760) 920-2845 (cell), to join a team and let him know if you prefer a specific area or team-mate. He'd like to assign areas well in advance to give you a chance to scout. If you'd prefer to be a feeder-watcher, as opposed to covering an area, please let him know.
Our tally has topped the century mark eight years in a row; will we this year?
We now hold our annual fund-raiser Bird-A-Thon on the day of the Bishop Christmas Bird Count - to make a pledge or print out pledge forms to help raise money, visit our Bird-A-Thon page.